Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Recent Creations

Seems like every post from me starts with apologizing for not blogging more often. so I won't do that this time. IF anyone besides me actually reads this then here are a few of our recent recipes.

Salsa Chicken- just like it sounds, pour a jar of salsa (I like Wal Mart Brand Black Bean and Corn Salsa over chicken breasts). Bake at 350 for 30 minutes, or until cooked through. Serve with rice topped with a small amount of lefover salsa from the pan. Make lots of extra rice. The best part is that it makes fabuolous lefotvers.

Salsa Chicken day 2- Take the aforementioned extra rice and mix it with the rest of the salsa from the chicken pan. If you have any extra chicken you can chop it up and mix in here too. Place in tortillas and arrange seam side down in a baking dish. Top with a little cheese and heat through (about 15-20 minutes) at 350. SO easy, and pretty tasty too!

Cous Cous with tomatoes and onions- This is an adaptation of a recipe I found on allrecipes.com. I love that site. I finally tried my hand at seasoning the plain stuff- actually Steve did, but I found the recipe for him. Boil 1 1/2 c of chicken stock (I used water and 2 boullion cubes) add 10 oz cous cous and remove from heat. Meanwhile sautee 2 tbsp olive oil, 3 cloves garlic- minced, 1 can diced tomatoes, and 1/2 onion, diced. Allow the vegetables to cook down and the onions to become translucent. Add to cous cous and salt and pepper to taste.

And finally Baked Rigatoni. Cook 1 1/2 lbs of ground turkey. While turkey cooks, boil water for pasta. Add 1 lb rigatoni and cook for 11-13 minutes or until al dente. Drain tuekey and pasta and place in a large bowl. Mix in 1 jar spaghetti sauce ( I used Buitoni Organic Olive Oil, Garlic and Basil from the 3 pack at Sam's) and 1/2 c parmesan cheese. Place in a baking dish. Cheese on top is optional. I happened to have some provolone on hand so I used it, but honestly I used so little that I probably could have just left it out with no ill effects.

No comments:

Post a Comment