Monday, May 25, 2009

Monday Night Dinner

No Memorial Day dinner here. Steve worked last night and again tonight. I still need to go to the store, but that's probably going to have to wait until Friday. I need to do a pretty big restock since the only things I have left are the infamous pork chops and the roast- which is still in the freezer. Need to get that out tonight. Seriously.

Tonight's dinner was another uninspired creation. Roasted Garlic and Olive Oil Cous cous and chicken and broccoli. I still had some shredded chicken in the freezer. Not really fit for a main course if you ask me, but I thought it might do well mixed in with the cous cous. Turns out it did. I served it with some fresh broccoli I needed to use up. My steamer is my new friend. I've had the thing for years, but I've probably used it more in the last 6 months than I have in all the years I have been in posession of it (it was originally my mom's she never used it either). It requires very little effort and clean up, but is the preferred way to cook veggies since it keeps more of the nutrients in than "boiling" them.

Maybe I'll finally get it together and we'll have that roast. Great thing about it is that it will last for at least two meals. I am all about leftovers these days. Saves me time and money. Both are good things to save if you ask me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment